Old German Tudor style home was designed by Robert C. Spencer of Chicago in 1902.
One of Canton's eary businesses (by 1852) was the Parlin and Orendorff Company, a plow factory. It later became International Harvester Company which closed in 1983.
In 1911 U. G. Orendorff bought the newspaper the Fulton County Ledger and named it the Canton Ledger. This is a forerunner of the current Canton Daily Ledger.
Information and pictures provided by:
Canton Area Chamber of Commerce
2 North Main (2nd Floor)
Canton IL 61520 USA