Parlin-Ingersoll Library

Canton, Illinois, USA



About CANTON: [ History - Education - Facts - Library - Transportation - Points of Interest - Parks ]

Canton's Parlin-Ingersoll Library has long been outstanding and is well attended and used daily. The Canton Library Association began in 1852. In the will of William Parlin in 1892, money provided for erection of the Parlin Library, a building now used as the City Building. Mrs. Josephine Herring Resor was the first Librarian and a bronze plaque in her memory is now in the new library. In 1957 Charles D. and Elizabeth Ingersoll gave and endowment fund and the new Parlin-Ingersoll Library was constructed. Mr. Ingersoll had his office there for a few years and continued with his financial support for this splendid facility.

Visit the Parlin-Ingersoll Library Web Pages


About CANTON: [ History - Education - Facts - Library - Transportation - Points of Interest - Parks ]

Information and pictures provided by:

Canton Area Chamber of Commerce
2 North Main (2nd Floor)
Canton IL 61520 USA
309-647-2677


This URL: http://illinois.outfitters.com/illinois/fulton/library_canton.html
Technical webmaster: webmaster@outfitters.com
Copyright © 1996-2017 Infobahn Outfitters, Inc, All rights reserved.