99th REGIMENT INFANTRY
Dyer's Regimental History
from A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion, vol. III, Regimental
by Frederick H. Dyer 
Note: HTML format added to aid digestion.--if you remove the format you
have Dyer's original text [He didn't use complete sentences].
Thanks to L.R.Carr for submitting this info.
99th REGIMENT INFANTRY.
- Organized at Florence, III., and mustered in August 23, 1862.
- Moved to St. Louis, Mo., August 23-24, 1862.
- At Benton Barracks, Mo., till September 8.
- Moved to Rolla September 8.
- Attached to District of Rolla, Dept. of the Missouri, to November, 1862.
- 1st Brigade, 1st Division, District of Southeast Missouri, Dept. of Missouri, to February, 1863.
- 1st Brigade, 14th Division, 13th Army Corps, Dept. of the Tennessee, to August 1863.
- 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 13th Army Corps Dept. of the Gulf, to June, 1864.
- District of LaFourche Dept. Gulf, to August, 1864.
- 2nd Brigade, 2nd Division 19th Army Corps, Dept. Gulf to December, 1864.
- 1st Brigade, Reserve Corps, Military Division West Mississippi, to February 1866.
- 1st Brigade, 1st Division Reserve Corps, Military Division West Mississippi February, 1865.
- 1st Brigade, 1st Division 13th Army Corps (New), Military Division West Mississippi, to July, 1865.
- Moved from Rolla to Salem, Mo., September 17, 1862, and duty there till November 20.
- Moved to Houston, Mo., November 20, and duty there till January 27, 1863.
- Action at Beaver Creek, Texas County, November 24, 1862.
- Hartsville, Wood's Forks, January 11, 1863.
- Moved to West Plains, Mo., January 27, and duty there till March 3.
- Moved to Milliken's Bend, La., March 3-15, and duty there till April 11.
- To New Carthage April 11-12 and duty there till April 25.
- Movement on Bruinsburg and turning Grand Gulf April 25-30.
- Battles of Port Gibson, Miss., May 1,
- Champion's Hill May 16;
- Big Black River Bridge May 17.
- Siege of Vicksburg May 18-July 4.
- Assaults on Vicksburg May 19 and 22.
- Surrender of Vicksburg July 4.
- Advance to Jackson Miss. July 6-10.
- Siege of Jackson July 10-17.
- Duty at Vicksburg till August 20.
- Ordered to New Orleans, La., August 20.
- Duty at Carrollton Brashear City and Berwick till October.
- Western Louisiana Campaign October 3-November 9.
- Moved to New Orleans November 9-12,
- thence to Mustang Island, Texas, November 16-25.
- Duty at Indianola till June, 1864.
- Moved to Algiers, La., June 16.
- Duty at Kennersville, Algiers, and Morganza till September.
- Moved to St. Charles, Ark., September 3-11, and duty there till October 23.
- Expedition to Duvall's Bluff October 23-November 12.
- Moved to Litle Rock, thence to Memphis, Tenn., November 12-26.
- At Germantown, Tenn. guarding railroad till December 28.
- Moved to Memphis, Tenn., December 28,
- thence to New Orleans, La. January 1-9, 1865.
- Campaign against Mobile, Ala., and its defenses February 1-April 12.
- Siege of Spanish Fort and Fort Blakely March 26-April 8.
- Assault and capture of Fort Blakely April 9.
- Occupation of Mobile April 12.
- Moved to New Orleans, thence to Shreve port, La., May 28-June 6.
- To Baton Rouge July 19.
- Mustered out July 31 and discharged at Springfield, Ill, August 9, 1865.
Regiment lost during service
- 4 Officers and 47 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and
- 1 Officer and 120 Enlisted men by disease.
- Total 172.
[99th Illinois Infantry Home Page]
| Main Page |
About this Site |
Contact the webmaster
Web Hosting donated by: Infobahn Outfitters, Inc.
This document: http://illinois.outfitters.com/illinois/history/civil/cw99-dyer.html
Last update: Monday, 29-Jan-1996 14:12:14 CST
Copyright © 1996-2018 Infobahn Outfitters, Inc, All rights reserved.