Explore the Colony
Bishop Hill, Illinois, USA
Bishop Hill Colony Historic District
"The Bishop Hill Colony Historic District has been designated a National Historic Landmark.
This site possesses National significance in commemorating the history of the
United States of America. 1984, National Park Service, United States Dept of the Interior."
- Built 1861
- Available for meetings, reunions
- managed by the Old Settlers Association
Bjorkland [Colony] Hotel
- built 1852-1860
- An overnight stop between Rock Island and Peoria
- Housed as many as 20 visitors per day in the 1850s
- Proprietor was Sven Bjorklund
- Now a Museum
Explore more of Bishop Hill
Henry County Home Page |
Infobahn Outfitters Home Page |
Didn't find what you wanted? Check our Illinois
Copyright © 1995-2018 Infobahn Outfitters, Inc., All rights reserved.