Havana and Mason County, Illinois, USA
Mason County is primarily a farming community.
- almost 90% of the land is used for agriculture
- one of the most heavily irrigated areas in Illinois (water from underground reserves)
Locally grown, freshly picked, produce is sold at many roadside markets within the county
Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Pumpkins, . . .
- 65% of the United States' pumpkins are grown in the region
- Mason County's sandy soil is favorable for growth of pumpkins
Other Sandy Soil Crops
- watermelon --- top producing area in Illinois
- cantelope --- third in production in Illinois
Other Specialty Crops
- Christmas trees
- green beans
- sweet corn
| Havana | Mason County | Infobahn Outfitters |
Looking for more info?
Copyright © 1995-2020 Infobahn Outfitters, Inc., All rights reserved.