Quincy National Cemetery
- First soldiers were buried in 1861 in "Soldiers Lot" in
Woodland Cemetery at 5th and Jefferson
- By 1870, total of 221 Union veterans buried there
- attained National Cemetery status in 1882
- In 1899, graves were transfered to new site, 1 block east of 36th and Maine
- Quincy National Cemetery by Fonda Baselt. 1992. IL State Geneal. Soc.
Quarterly, v.24n.3 p.146.
| Main Page |
About this Site |
Contact the webmaster
Web Hosting donated by: Infobahn Outfitters, Inc.
This document: http://illinois.outfitters.com/illinois/history/civil/quincycem.html
Last update: Saturday, 11-Nov-1995 00:18:38 CST
Copyright © 1996-2018 Infobahn Outfitters, Inc, All rights reserved.