93rd REGIMENT INFANTRY
Dyer's Regimental History
from A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion, vol. III, Regimental
by Frederick H. Dyer 
Note: HTML format added to aid digestion.--if you remove the format you
have Dyer's original text [He didn't use complete sentences].
Transcribed and submitted by J. R. Carr.
93rd REGIMENT INFANTRY.
- Organized at Chicago, Ill., and
- mustered in October 13, 1862.
- Moved to Memphis, Tenn., November 9 - 14, 1862.
- Attached to 5th Brigade, 5th Division, District of Memphis, Tenn., 13th Army Corps (Old), Dept. of the Tennessee, November, 1862.
- 3rd Brigade, 1st Division, District of Memphis, 13th Army Corps, to December, 1862.
- 3rd Brigade, 7th Division, 16th Army Corps, to January, 1863.
- 3rd Brigade, 7th Division, 17th Army Corps, to September, 1863.
- 3rd Brigade, 2nd Division, 17th Army Corps, to December, 1863.
- 3rd Brigade, 3rd Division, 15th Army Corps, to August, 1864.
- 1st Brigade, 3rd Division, 15th Army Corps, to April, 1865.
- 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 15th Army Corps, to June, 1865.
- Grant's Central Mississippi Campaign November, 1862, to January, 1863.
- Tallahatchie March November 26 - December 12, 1862.
- At Ridgway, Tenn., January to March, 1863.
- Moved to Lake Providence, La., March 3,
- thence to Helena, Ark., March 10.
- Expedition to Yazoo Pass by Moon Lake, Yazoo Pass and Coldwater and Tallahatchie Rivers March 13 - April 5.
- Operations against Fort Pemberton and Greenwood March 13 - April 5.
- Moved to Millikens Bend, La., April 13.
- Movement on Bruinsburg and turning Grand Gulf April 25 - 30.
- Battle of Port Gibson, Miss., May 1 (Reserve).
- Battles of Raymond May 12;
- near Raymond May 13;
- Jackson May 14;
- Champion's Hill May 16;
- Big Black River May 17.
- Siege of Vicksburg May 18 - July 4.
- Assaults on Vicksburg May 19 and 22.
- Surrender of Vicksburg July 4.
- Moved to Jackson, Miss., July 13 - 15.
- Siege of Jackson July 15 - 17.
- At Vicksburg till September 12.
- Moved to Helena, Ark., September 12,
- thence to Memphis, Tenn., September 30.
- March to Chattanooga, Tenn., October 3 - November 19.
- Operations on the Memphis and Charleston R. R. in Alabama October 20 - 29.
- Chattanooga - Ringgold Campaign November 23 - 27.
- Tunnel Hill November 23 - 24.
- Mission Ridge November 25.
- Pursuit to Graysville November 26 - 27.
- Moved to Bridgeport, Ala., December 3.
- To Larkinsville, Ala., December 22, and
- to Huntsville, Ala., January 17, 1864.
- Duty there till June.
- Demonstration on Dalton, Ga., February 22 - 27.
- Tunnel Hill, Buzzards Roost Gap and Rocky Faced Ridge February 23 - 25.
- Moved to Decatur, Ala., June 12,
- thence march to Stevenson, Ala., June 14 - 25.
- To Kingston, Ga., June 27 - 28,
- thence to Etowah and guard bridge and crossing till July 11.
- At Kingston till August 2.
- March to Allatoona August 2 - 3.
- Pursuit of Wheeler to Spring Place August 15 - 18.
- At Resaca and Allatoona till November.
- Battle of Allatoona October 5.
- March to the sea November 15 - December 10.
- Seige of Savannah December 10 - 21.
- Campaign of the Carolinas January to April 1865.
- Salkehatchie Swamps, S.C., February 2 - 5.
- South Edisto River February 9.
- North Edisto River February 12 - 13.
- Columbia February 15 - 17.
- West's Cross Roads February 25 (Detachment).
- Battle of Bentonville, N.C., March 20 - 21.
- Occupation of Goldsboro March 24.
- Advance on Raleigh April 10 - 14.
- Occupation of Raleigh April 14.
- Bennett's House April 26.
- Surrender of Johnston and his army.
- March to Washington, D. C., via Richmond, Va., April 29 - May 19.
- Grand Review May 24.
- Mustered out June 23 and
- discharged at Chicago, Ill., July 7, 1865.
Regiment lost during service
- 4 Officers and 147 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and
- 1 Officer and 142 Enlisted men by disease.
- Total 294.
[93rd Illinois Infantry Home Page]
| Main Page |
About this Site |
Contact the webmaster
Web Hosting donated by: Infobahn Outfitters, Inc.
This document: http://illinois.outfitters.com/illinois/history/civil/cw93-dyer.html
Last update: Sunday, 11-Feb-1996 17:59:11 CST
Copyright © 1996-2017 Infobahn Outfitters, Inc, All rights reserved.