156th REGIMENT INFANTRY
Dyer's Regimental History
from A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion, vol. III, Regimental
by Frederick H. Dyer 
Note: HTML format added to aid digestion.--if you remove the format you
have Dyer's original text [He didn't use complete sentences].
156th REGIMENT INFANTRY.
- Organized February 16, 1865
- Moved to Nashville, Tenn., and
- attached to 3rd Brigade, 2nd Separate Division, District of the Etowah, Department of the Cumberland.
- Engaged in guarding R.R. and Post duty in Department of the Cumberland till September.
- Mustered out September 20, 1865.
Regiment lost during service
- 2 Enlisted men killed and
- 24 Enlisted men by disease.
- Total 26.
[156th Illinois Infantry Home Page]
| Main Page |
About this Site |
Contact the webmaster
Web Hosting donated by: Infobahn Outfitters, Inc.
This document: http://illinois.outfitters.com/illinois/history/civil/cw156-dyer.html
Last update: Thursday, 28-Dec-1995 21:58:21 CST
Copyright © 1996-2018 Infobahn Outfitters, Inc, All rights reserved.