105th REGIMENT INFANTRY.
Dyer's Regimental History
from A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion, vol. III, Regimental
by Frederick H. Dyer 
Note: HTML format added to aid digestion.--if you remove the format you
have Dyer's original text [He didn't use complete sentences].
105th REGIMENT INFANTRY.
- Organized at Dixon, Ill., and mustered in September 2, 1862.
- Moved from Dixon to Camp Douglas, Ill., September 8, 1862;
- thence to Louisville, Ky., September 30-October 2.
- Attached to Ward's Brigade, Dumont's 12th Division, Army of the Ohio, to November, 1862.
- Ward's Brigade, Post of Gallatin, Tenn., Dept. of the Cumberland, to June, 1863.
- 2nd Brigade, 3rd Division, Reserve Corps, Dept. of the Cumberland, to August,1863.
- Ward's Brigade, Post of Nashville, Tenn., Dept. of the Cumberland, to January,1864.
- 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 11th Army Corps, Army of the Cumberland, to April, 1864.
- 1st Brigade, 3rd Division, 20th Army Corps, Army of the Cumberland, and Army of Georgia to June, 1865
- March to Frankfort, Ky., October 3-9, 1862;
- thence to Lawrenceburg in pursuit of Morgan, October 10-13.
- Moved to Bowling Green, Ky., October 26-November 4.
- To Scottsville November 11,
- to Gallatin, Tenn., November 26;
- to South Tunnel December 11 and duty there till February 1, 1863.
- At Gallatin till June 1.
- Moved to Lavergne, thence to Murfreesboro July 2.
- Return to Lavergne July 29;
- thence moved to Nashville, Tenn., August 19, and duty there till February 24, 1864.
- March to Wauhatchie Valley, Tenn., February 24-March 10,
- and duty there till May 2.
- Atlanta (Ga.) Campaign May 2-September 8.
- Demonstrations on Resaca May 8-13.
- Battle of Resaca May 14-15.
- Cassville May 19.
- Advance on Dallas May 23-25.
- Burnt Hickory May 25.
- Operations on line of Pumpkin Vine Creek and battles about Dallas, New Hope Church and Allatoona Hills May 26-June 6.
- Operations about Marietta and against Kenesaw Mountain June 10-July 2.
- Pine Hill June 11-14.
- Lost Mountain June 15-17.
- Gilgal (or Golgotha Church) June 15.
- Muddy Creek June 17.
- Noyes Creek June 19.
- Kolb's Farm June 22.
- Assault on Kenesaw June 27.
- Ruff's Station, Smyrna Camp Ground, July 4.
- Chattahoochie River July 5-17.
- Peach Tree Creek July 19-20.
- Siege of Atlanta July 22-August 25.
- Operations at Chattahoochie River Bridge August 26-September 2.
- Occupation of Atlanta September 2-November 15.
- March to the sea November 15-December 10.
- Siege of Savannah December 10-21.
- Campaign of the Carolinas January to April, 1865.
- Near Hardeesville, S.C., January 3.
- Lawtonville, S. C., February 2.
- Salkehatchie February 3-5;
- Averysboro, Taylor's Hole Creek, N. C., March 16.
- Battle of Bentonville March 19-21.
- Occupation of Goldsboro March 24.
- Advance on Raleigh April 10-14.
- Bennett's House April 26.
- Surrender of Johnston and his army.
- March to Washington, D. C., via Richmond, Va., April 29-May 19.
- Grand Review May 24.
- Mustered out June 7 and discharged at Chicago, Ill., July 17, 1865.
To be continued....
[105nd Illinois Infantry Home Page]
| Main Page |
About this Site |
Contact the webmaster
Web Hosting donated by: Infobahn Outfitters, Inc.
This document: http://illinois.outfitters.com/illinois/history/civil/cw105-dyer.html
Last update: Friday, 08-Sep-1995 00:20:46 CDT
Copyright © 1996-2017 Infobahn Outfitters, Inc, All rights reserved.