100th REGIMENT INFANTRY
Dyer's Regimental History
from A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion, vol. III, Regimental
by Frederick H. Dyer 
Note: HTML format added to aid digestion.--if you remove the format you
have Dyer's original text [He didn't use complete sentences].
100th REGIMENT INFANTRY.
- Organized at Joliet, Ill., and mustered in August 30 1862.
- Left state for Louisville, Ky., September 2 1862.
- Attached to 1st Brigade, 2nd Division, Army of Kentucky, Dept. of the Ohio, to October, 1862.
- 16th Brigade, 6th Division 2nd Army Corps, Army of the Ohio, to November, 1862.
- 1st Brigade, 1st Divislon Left Wing 14th Army Corps, Army of the Cumberland to January, 1863.
- 1st Brigade, 1st Division, 21st Army Corps, Army of the Cumberland, to October, 1863.
- 2nd Brigade, 2nd Division, 4th Army Corps, to June, 1865.
- Pursuit of Bragg into Kentucky October 1-18.
- Battle of Perryville, Ky., October 8 (Reserve).
- Nelson's Cross Roads October 18.
- March to Nash ville, Tenn., October 18-November 26, and duty there till December 26.
- Advance on Murfreesboro December 26-30.
- Lavergne December 26-27.
- Battle of Stone's River December 30-31, 1862, and January 1-3, 1863.
- At Murfreesboro till June.
- Middle Tennessee or Tullahoma Campaign June 24-July 7
- Occupation of Middle Tennessee till August 16.
- Passage of Cumberland Mountains and Tennessee River and Chickamauga (Ga.) Campaign August 16-September 22.
- Expedition from Tracy City to Tennessee River August 22-24.
- Near Lee and Gordon's Mills September 17-18.
- Battle of Chickamauga, Ga, September 19-20.
- Siege of Chattanooga, Tenn. September 24-November 23.
- Chattanooga-Ringgold Campaign November 23-27.
- Battles of Orchard Knob November 23-24,
- Mission Ridge November 25.
- March to relief of Knoxville and operations In East Tennessee December. 28-February 1, 1864.
- At Athens, Tenn., February to April.
- Atlanta (Ga.) Campaign May 1-September 8.
- Demonstration on Rocky Faced Ridge May 8-11.
- Buzzard's Roost Gap May 8-9.
- Demonstrations on Dalton May 9-13.
- Battle of Resaca May 14-16.
- Adairsville May 17.
- Near Kingston May 18-19.
- Near Cassville May 19.
- Advance on Dallas May 22-25.
- Operations on line of Pumpkin Vine Creek and battles about Dallas, New Hope Church and Allatoona Hills May 25-June 5.
- Operations about Marietta and against Kenesaw Mountain June 10-July 2.
- Pine Mountain June 11-14.
- Lost Mountain June 16-17.
- Assault on Kenesaw June 27.
- Ruff's Station, Smyrna Camp Ground, July 4.
- Chattahoochie River July 6-17.
- Buckhead, Nancy's Creek, July 18.
- Peach Tree Creek July 19-20.
- Siege of Atlanta July 22-August 26.
- Flank movement on Jonesboro August 26-30.
- Battle of Jonesboro August 31-September 1.
- Lovejoy Station September 2-6.
- Operations against Hood in North Georgia and North Alabama September 28-November 3.
- Nashville (Tenn.) Campaign November-December.
- Columbia, Duck River, November 24-27.
- Spring Hill November 29,
- Battle of Franklin November 30.
- Battle of Nashville December 15-16.
- Pursuit of Hood to the Tennessee River December 17-28.
- Moved to Huntsville, Ala,, and duty there till March, 1865.
- Expedition to Bull's Gap and operations in East Tennessee March 20-April 22.
- Moved to Nashville, Tenn., and duty there till June.
- Mustered out at Nashville, Tenn., June 12, and
- discharged at Chicago, III., June 16, 1865.
Regiment lost during service
- 7 Officers and 73 Enlisted men killed and mortally wounded and
- 134 Enlisted men by disease.
- Total 214.
[100th Illinois Infantry Home Page]
| Main Page |
About this Site |
Contact the webmaster
Web Hosting donated by: Infobahn Outfitters, Inc.
This document: http://illinois.outfitters.com/illinois/history/civil/cw100-dyer.html
Last update: Monday, 09-Oct-1995 12:41:17 CDT
Copyright © 1996-2018 Infobahn Outfitters, Inc, All rights reserved.