Computer Programs for Drawing Plat Maps
For further discussion of Land Records in the United States,
see Land and Tax Records by William Thorndale in
The Source: A Guidebook of American Genealogy (1984) edited
by Arlene Eakle and Johni Cerny, Ancestry, Inc., Salt Lake City, UT.
Based on syllabus pages for "Putting Your Ancestors in Context:
Using Computer Mapping and Platting Software," presented by
Patricia Law Hatcher, CG, and Birdie Monk Holsclaw at the
1995 Conference of the Federation of Genealogical Societies
in Seattle. Used with permission of speakers. Revisions by Steve Broyles
and Birdie Holsclaw
Black Oak Mapper 6.0
- Black Oak Systems, 7472 Mt. Sherman Road, Longmont, CO 80503-8678.
- Compiles single "metes and bounds" tracts on dot matrix and
laser printers, or to popular graphic file formats. Replaces
and updates previous freeware version.
- Direct Line Software, 71 Neshobe Road, Newton, MA 02168.
- Direct Line's WWW Site
- Windows95/98/NT; see the WWW site for details
- Compiles and prints single or multiple "metes and bounds" tracts
on screen or printer, or to popular graphic file formats;
topographic map overlays available at additional charge.
Deed Plotter + and Deed Plotter + for Windows
- Greenbrier Graphics, Inc., 438 Lockbridge Road, Meadow Bridge, WV 25976.
- Compiles single or multiple tracts on screen or printer;
allows rotation. Handles "metes and bounds" as well as
"rectangular" surveys. Curves and labels allowed in
Deed Plotter + Series II
Farmer's Plotter 2.0
- Older Kids & Co., 8547 E. Arapahoe Road #J144, Greenwood Village, CO 80112. NOTE: THE FORWARDING ORDER HAS EXPIRED ON THIS ADDRESS. I DO NOT HAVE A CURRENT ADDRESS FOR THIS COMPANY.
- Generates "metes and bounds" and "rectangular" survey maps.
- Notes from the Webmaster: application size about 680 K,
requires System 6.0.8 or higher and 2 MB of RAM. Based on HyperCard (TM)
2.1, but is stand-alone--Hypercard is not needed to run it.
- COMPUneering, 113 McCabe Crescent, Thornhill, Ontario L4J 2S6 CANADA.
- Comprehensive map drawing program for surveyors, very technical.
Compiles single or multiple tracts on screen or printer;
many labeling options. More features available in LANDesign, $595.
- Lan/Scan, Inc., P.O. Box 6863, Abilene, TX 79608-6863.
- Can compile single or multiple tracts on screen or
printer (dot matrix and laser); allows rotation and labelling.
Handles both "metes and bounds" and "rectangular" surveys.
Baseline USA ®
- LandPro Corp,PO Box 9897, The Woodlands, TX 77387
- Land Pro Corp
- Windows 95
- LandPlot Research, Inc., 1328 Cape St. Claire Rd, Annapolis, MD 21401
- Windows 3.1x, 95, 98, NT
| Legal Land Descriptions in the USA |
Last update: Wednesday, 29-Mar-2000 20:44:44 CST